1. Get and stay out of your comfort zone. Not much happens of any significance when we’re in our comfort zone. Don’t be afraid to get a little crazy.
2. Never give up. Almost nothing works the first time it’s attempted. Just because what you’re doing doesn’t seem to be working, doesn’t mean it won’t work. It just means that it might not work the way you’re doing it. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.
3. When you’re ready to quit, you’re closer than you think. “The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.”
4. Take things a day at a time. No matter how difficult your situation is, you can get through it if you don’t look too far into the future, and focus on the present moment. You can get through anything one day at a time.
5. Always be moving forward. Never stop improving. Never stop doing something new. Make it your goal to be better each and every day, in some small way. “No regrets, just lessons learned.”
6. Never expect life to be fair. Life isn’t fair. You make your own breaks. You’ll be doing good if the only meaning fair has to you, is something that you pay when you get on a bus (i.e., fare).
7. Pay attention to your competitors, but pay more attention to what you’re doing. When you look at your competitors, remember that everything looks perfect at a distance. Even the planet Earth, if you get far enough into space, looks like a peaceful place.
8. Solve your own problems. You know what works best for you. Don’t wait on others to solve your dilemmas. “A wise man keeps his own counsel.”
9. Don’t take yourself too seriously. Lighten up. Life isn’t about being serious, so have some fun. Let loose once in a while, and it’ll make things a whole lot easier… and more exciting.
10. There’s always a reason to smile. Find it. After all, you’re blessed just to be alive. “We’re not here for a long time; we’re here for a good time.” So smile just when you think things are at their worst, because things can only go up from there.